Monday, September 22, 2008

One Of Those Days

I have only finished 2 full weeks of classes and the assignments are starting to pile up. Unfortunately the majority of my course-load falls on very early and late Mondays.

Starting at 8 a.m. I attended four hours of class, breaking for four hours to read and finish up existing assignments. Then, from 4-6 p.m. I practiced for my first match of the fall season tomorrow. Finally, to cap the day off I attended a 4 hour consumer marketing class. Needless to say, today rocked.

I don't know who decided making a four credit-hour class once-a-week for three and a half or four hours was a good idea, but I think there is a serious disconnect between student (or at least my) needs and course offerings.

On the other hand, the freedom granted during "off days" is a nice compensation for the four-credit hour once-a-week class. My "off days" this quarter are Wednesday and Friday; my course-load dilemma stems from physical inability to do ANYTHING on any Friday.

Fortunately for me, I get to play a match tomorrow and workout some tension. I suggest everyone come out and cheer us on from the beginning of a third straight championship season.

No comments: