Saturday, September 27, 2008

What to take away from the slideshow

I Think this slideshow is an excellent introduction to the uses of important networking sites such as Twitter and the like.

Matt Dickman brings up a great point in his slideshow. Communication mediums are becoming soooo saturated these days the best way to make a real impact is through a MULTI-FORMAT or multi-medium approach.

As Dickman points out, we are practitioners of the 21st century, and as such we have easy access to multiple mediums of communication inclduing; text, audio, video and photography.

So what can we do to make the most of all of these forms of communication? And what does a modern marketing mix containing these mediums look like? All questions I wish I knew the answer too.

But as I crawl my way through this experience I have found a few interesting insights. Once of the most compelling conversations about these emerging questions was posted on The Daily Joe, an interesting blog about "Publishing + Marketing insights in the age of user-generated content from Joe Kutchera."

Kutchera was able to talk with Technorati CEO Richard Jalichandra about the emerging trends in the blogosphere and where this is all leading. The conversation is insightful and I would reccomen this as a read well worth your time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay. Thanks for recommending my article/interview. Joe

j-vaidya said...

Not a problem, I really enjoyed the article. If you don't mind me asking, how were you able to land an interview with Richard Jalichandra?